Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

IP.Board 3.1.1 and Skinbox Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Olivier Turbis

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
As you know, we will start upgrading all of our skins from scratch once IP.Board 3.1.1 is released (scheduled for next week). We are also taking this opportunity to make some big updates to our IP.Board skins base.

IP.Board 2.x and vBulletin 3.x skins End of Life
Our IP.Board 2.x skins will be End of Life (EOL) as soon as all of our current IP.Board 3 skins will be upgraded to IPB 3.1.1. We will remove the skins from our Website so they can not be sold. Current customers who have purchased one of our 2.x IPB skins will still be able to download the skins from their download box although no more support and updates will be provided for these skins. If you have purchased one of these skins, you can either upgrade your skin to the 3.x version of it (if it's available) or purchase a new IP.Board 3.x skin. If you want to purchase a new 3.x skin, just contact us and we will give you a 25% discount.

Some IP.Board 3.x skins End of Life
We are also taking this opportunity to End of Life some of our current IP.Board 3.x skins. We believe that quality is better than quantity so we are removing some of our skins for sale to be able to provide more quality skins in the (near) future.

These are the skins that will be EOL:
  • Arcobaleno
  • So Web 2.0
  • Vanille (possibly)

Customers who have purchased one of these skins will still be able to download the skins in the download area although no support and updates will be provided. If you have purchased one of these skins, just contact us and we will be offering a 25% discount so you can buy a new skin.
  • pedram likes this
Olivier Turbis,
Founder & Designer, Skinbox.net
Follow me on Twitter!

Andrea

Andrea

• Gotitall Club Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

View PostOlivier Turbis, on 13 June 2010 - 07:02 PM, said:

We believe that quality is better than quantity so we are removing some of our skins [...]

• Vanille (possibly)
Hi Olivier,

I do happen to agree with you about "quality is better than quantity" but I would like to make an observation about Vanille.

One of the reasons why I came to know of your work has been an online review about Vanille. What impressed the author of the review, and then also me, is the fact that Vanilla is an example of how to create such a custom skin for IPB, without making so clear that the board is powered by "the usual" IPB! I believe this is the greatest skill (goal) of a designer. There is only another example of this: http://answers.oreilly.com/

I don't know the statistics of downloads/sales of Vanilla ... but I think you shouldn't rely on this alone. Vanilla is an excellent example of what can be done (like the P2 theme for WordPress).

Of course, this is just my reflection, thoughts and perspective. :)

Cheers,

Andrea.
  • Andrea and Stubbed like this

Olivier Turbis

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
Andrea,

I perfectly understand your point of view. We have to EOL Vanille because we are currently building a better skin that has a similar structure - with more awesome features. It has nothing to do with the sales / popularity, just that we don't want to offer two identical skins. :)
Olivier Turbis,
Follow me on Twitter!

Andrea

Andrea

• Gotitall Club Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

View PostOlivier Turbis, on 13 June 2010 - 08:56 PM, said:

We have to EOL Vanille because we are currently building a better skin that has a similar structure - with more awesome features.
Awesome, then I look forward to it. :)

mariolopezjr

mariolopezjr

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can't wait for the skins to be updated, itching to try out 3.1. :D Thanks again, Olivier! :D
  • Stubbed likes this

Kelyeti

Kelyeti

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Oli,

I was thinking today!

With IPB 3.1.0 I take it the skins are ready for this version? If this is the case would they not also be ready for IPB 3.1.1 because the first version mentioned was the test model in lue of the current release. Would I be wrong in assuming this bud?

Posted Image

Mr Reputation

Mr Reputation

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

View PostKelyeti, on 21 June 2010 - 07:13 PM, said:

Hi Oli,

I was thinking today!

With IPB 3.1.0 I take it the skins are ready for this version? If this is the case would they not also be ready for IPB 3.1.1 because the first version mentioned was the test model in lue of the current release. Would I be wrong in assuming this bud?

none of the skins currently work with 3.1.0 or 3.1.1, they need to be updated (currently being worked on)
  • Stubbed likes this

Stubbed

Stubbed

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Out of interest, do we get email notification when our particular skin has been updated for 3.1.1, or should we just keep checking?
  • Stubbed and ørret like this

Olivier Turbis

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
Yes you will receive an email notification. :)
  • omfarmer likes this
Olivier Turbis,
Follow me on Twitter!

Looking

Looking

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
EDITED.

Olivier Turbis

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
I would say between one and two weeks. I am very sorry this is taking so long.
  • lexa90 likes this
Olivier Turbis,
Follow me on Twitter!

Looking

Looking

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

View PostOlivier Turbis, on 24 June 2010 - 03:25 PM, said:

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the updated skin.

dusan

dusan

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

View PostOlivier Turbis, on 24 June 2010 - 03:25 PM, said:

Hm until then we may get 3.1.2 version of IPB .

omfarmer

omfarmer

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Maybe, but i rather have quality skin a bit later and upgrade my site, than having a semi-working skin with bugs.

Though, hopefully it won't take so long.

P.S: Blood skin please :P

Guest_David_*

Guest_David_*
  • Guests
Can't wait for the 3.1.1 skins to be released. I'm going to be purchasing a second skin hopefully for my new community.
  • entwicklergemeinde likes this

Matteo92

Matteo92

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello Oliver, I bought one of your skins for IPB, I did not know that it was compatible with IPB 3.1.
The skin in question is for Blood Ipb, still stuck at downloading, because I use now.
How can I convert?

Olivier Turbis

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
Still finishing them up, thanks for being so patient. Everything should be released in about a week.
  • lexa90 and bradcoudray like this
Olivier Turbis,
Follow me on Twitter!

scatteredbomb

scatteredbomb

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting anxious, but I completely understand how these things can take time.

Looking forward to being able to install the skin and get all the 3.1.1 goodies.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

richad

richad

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Another week??? Its alright. I am switching skins anyway :)

Matteo92

Matteo92

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
I have one suggestion for the skin Blood, I noticed that the version of vBulletin Blood is more transparent version of Ipb.
You can make your version of Blood of 3.1 Ipb more transparent?
  • bradcoudray likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users