Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Questions about Warrior theme/features

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

thebronxbomber

thebronxbomber

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi all :)

I haven't bought IPS yet but I am guaranteed to do so--some of the questions I ask, since I'm new to IPS (been on phpbb3 mostly), may have to do with IPS instead of the theme since I may not know features of each...

But I'm really interested in the Warrior theme and I just have a few questions to ask at the moment about it:

1) I guess the biggest question is the background....can the three backgrounds already preloaded be deleted and can I put my own background theme there? (Personally, I'm building a Navy-themed website and if there's any background or help I can get for a theme that would be wonderful. I like the background themes the Navy has at www.navy.com and www.navylive.dodlive.mil if you guys could let me know how I could get something like those and/or other useful information).

2) I see in all of the skins' features area is the "More" drop down box displayed....Can the regular navigational menu items ("Forum" or "Home" etc) "drop down" to other sub menu items? The feature paragraph somewhat makes me think its not possible but only that menu is able to drop down? :( (hope this is not the case)

Other than the background question and being able to have drop down menu items....I don't really have anything else to ask. But it is a very good-lookin' theme! I look forward to buying it most likely.

Thanks
Bronx

P.S. If its not too much to ask about IPS in general here....I was just wondering about the calender feature...is it included with IP.Core/Board?
Navy Gamers
navygamers.com

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Hello,

The background feature can be disabled if needed. The images can also be changed to your own. There is a tutorial in the customer area which teaches you how to do this.

The navigation is fairly restrictive in IPB. You can add your own custom drop down menus however it can sometimes get a little difficult to move the application links into menus (such as home, forums, etc).
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

thebronxbomber

thebronxbomber

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the reply Ehren!

Thank you, that is the assurance I needed (probably would have bought either way :P ) I will have to check that out sometime when I'm able to after purchasing.

Would ProMenu Basic or ProMenu Plus work with this skin? Would I have to do any configurations to get it to work with this skin?

Thanks
Bronx

P.S. I intend on purchasing as soon as I purchase the $175 IP.Core/Board license.
Navy Gamers
navygamers.com

thebronxbomber

thebronxbomber

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I've bought IP.Board and have it installed :) I am about to buy Warrior but would just like to know how it works with ProMenu.

Thanks
Bronx
Navy Gamers
navygamers.com

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Hi Bronx,

The skins work with all official IPS addons but its difficult to ensure compatibility with all 3rd party addons, especially since some of the skins are heavily modified (especially in terms of the header and navigation). I have seen promenu working correctly with skinbox skins in the past, but I'm assuming minor modifications (such as changing the colors from dark blue to grey) will be required.
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

thebronxbomber

thebronxbomber

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi Bronx,

The skins work with all official IPS addons but its difficult to ensure compatibility with all 3rd party addons, especially since some of the skins are heavily modified (especially in terms of the header and navigation). I have seen promenu working correctly with skinbox skins in the past, but I'm assuming minor modifications (such as changing the colors from dark blue to grey) will be required.

Alright, sounds good! Thank you very very much for the help, I appreciate everything you do here. I will be buying this skin tonight :)

EDIT: Bought it, looks amazing :) , just need some help with the background images but I'll redirect that to the Customer forums, thanks so much!
  • Ehren likes this
Navy Gamers
navygamers.com

Keymaster

Keymaster

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a pre sales question about this Skin Can you disable the More menu links to facebook twittter and youtube? I would like to be able add my own links or completly remove these?

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Yep, removing or editing the menu is very simple. :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

stoofsemephem

stoofsemephem

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have 2 questions about the use of blocks: 1 - Is there a way to edit a block in the same plane? not to be opened in a new window 2 - Is there a way to change the color of a block? although the lines are colored by layer Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users