Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

All the negative feedback about support has me very very wary

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RedneckBob

RedneckBob

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have to say that reading through all the feedback about the lack of support has me very very wary about going forward with a purchase, so I wonder why the skinbox team does not have:
  • option to charge for installation
  • an option to charge for customization
--- or ---
  • clearly state that installation and customization support is not available
As a potential customer first glance through all the feedback is very unsettling, but after reading through all the complaints most are not with about skin itself, but with support related issues.

Seems that most of the support complaints revolve about those two issues, so why not charge an extra fee for installation and customization?

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Hi RedneckBob,

Welcome to skinbox.

There are currently 0 unanswered support questions in our customer area. In some unfortunate cases, customers quickly jump to bad conclusions if they haven't received a reply within 24 hours and decide it's best to post it publicly. The support forums are checked multiple times daily, and a reply is always given assuming I know the answer (there are of course questions I don't know the solution to). :)

Installation can be purchased for $8 before checking out. Customizations are also offered in the customer area (we either give instructions for free, or offer to do it as a paid modification).

Hopefully that clears up any of your concerns or questions. :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

RedneckBob

RedneckBob

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi RedneckBob,

Welcome to skinbox.

There are currently 0 unanswered support questions in our customer area. In some unfortunate cases, customers quickly jump to bad conclusions if they haven't received a reply within 24 hours and decide it's best to post it publicly. The support forums are checked multiple times daily, and a reply is always given assuming I know the answer (there are of course questions I don't know the solution to). :)

Installation can be purchased for $8 before checking out. Customizations are also offered in the customer area (we either give instructions for free, or offer to do it as a paid modification).

Hopefully that clears up any of your concerns or questions. :)

Fair enough and you responded to both my posts almost immediately and well under the 24 hours.

But, as I said....at first glance these impatient individuals and their overzealous posts gave me pause.

After taking the time to read them through, the posters did seem overly impulsive with outsized expectations -- especially if they didn't purchase the installation and customization options.

I hope all potential customers read our conversation and erase whatever hesitation they may have about purchasing.

Thanks,

-RB

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Thanks RB, welcome to the customers group. :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

RedneckBob

RedneckBob

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks RB, welcome to the customers group. :)

BTW, I bought the Magnetic theme and our users love it, so I set it as the default theme. They are a terribly fickle group and usually they complain at every little change, but not this time!

Thanks for the quick replies and without hesitation I'd purchase from you again.
  • Ehren likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users