Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

How long have you been running websites?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I thought I'd start a topic that doesn't have anything to do with skins!

How long have you been running websites? What site(s) of yours are you the most proud of?

As for me, I have been a website administrator since around 1999. I didn't get into the whole "webmaster" part of it until several years later.

There are two sites that I was really proud of. One was called Tiger Woods Community (TWC) which was a fansite for the Tiger Woods PGA Tour PC games. The other was Warhammer Conflict, a fansite for the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning MMO.

I was actually hired by Electronic Arts in 2008, and because of their policies I basically had to shut down both of those sites. Then, after my employment with EA was over, I decided to get back into websites . . . but I went into a general topics site instead of another gaming site this time around.

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Good topic :)

My first site was a tutorial forum for Photoshop, html, css, php, etc. Anything involving web design or development really.

It was started around 2005 maybe, and got fairly popular with 150,000 posts. I don't remember the amount of members, but I would guess around 30,000 or so. Unfortunately the server we were on was hacked and all of our index files were replaced with viruses. My co-admin purchased and managed the domain name and unfortunately disappeared which meant I was unable to transfer the site to a new host. Traffic went down, site became quiet, and the domain name expired (and has now been purchased by someone else). Annoying way to end a good site. :(

The only other sites I've managed are this one, ipbforumskins and xenfocus (xenforo skinning site). Have been pretty lucky as they're all fairly successful sites.
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Yeah, we alll have stories like that. My co-admin (he is actually Tazz) got busy with real life and while he is still around, it kind of forced me to do more of the webmaster stuff for the site. I mean, I didn't even know how to install a skin until about a year ago.

By the way, I created this account under his name because . . well, he was the webmaster. I would buy the skins and stuff, but if he ever needed support I wanted him to be able to log in under his Tazz name and get it. But as it turns out, I'm the only one who ever uses this website (and now he can't if he wanted to) . . . and since you (Ehren) know me as Tazz . . I just never changed my name to my regular handle because I didn't want to confuse you. lol (But I am very confused)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users