Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Good Quality Skins, bad support

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

jazman

jazman

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I bought my skin over a year ago but stopped using it for a bit because i saw another one that i preferred, shortly after skinbox was taken over by Ehren. However i have recently switched back to using Blood because it is a good quality, nice and neat looking skin that has plenty of customization and is compatible with all of the popular web browsers, dont get me wrong the skins are very well made and i am impressed with the quality and how good they are.

However, i have noticed that the support is there but almost non-existent. Now i did reply to someone else's review in defense of Ehren and skinbox but i feel that defense may have been premature. I fully understand that they have to manage 2 different skinning sites so support responses here can be a little slower than is expected, and i understand that there are a lot more very high priority things to fix and sort out than what i have posted asking for but you have to admit, a week and several bumps later and still no response has to be a little annoying? Especially when you have seen responses made to other support topics in the same section as yours, all my question is, is a skin modification question, it is not effecting how well my skin works in one bit as only admins can see it anyway, but i would have thought that a week later there would have been some sort of tiny response? Even a "we will get back to you as we have other priorities at the moment" but nope, not even that :(

So in a nutshell, if you want good quality skins, i would recommend skinbox, but if you are expecting fast support response on top of your good quality skins, then i would find somewhere else.
  • AWS likes this

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Hi Jazman,

Thanks for your understanding regarding the management of two sites. I should note that support topics take priority and are answered as soon as possible. Modifications (which aren't critical to the usability of your forum), while still important, take second place to support topics.

I should also mention that support questions are answered on a daily basis, and there are currently 0 pending support topics in the customer area. :)
  • Tazz likes this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
jazman,

Well written post!

One of the things I have noticed about the support forums here at Skinbox is that there are quite a few repeat questions. I spend a considerable amount of time attempting to help people on this site - and I often notice that people ask questions that have already been previously answered. I still answer these questions (when I can) to try to lessen the load somewhat for Ehren and Sebastien. But I think many of the general support questions could be resolved if people would try using the "Search" feature.

While I am not a "skinner", I have become moderately capable at modding the Skinbox skins. I only own 9 skinbox skins at the present time, so there are several current 3.3.x skins I don't own, so I don't have experience with (like Blood, Brave, Source and Cielo). That being said, sometimes a mod for one skin actually works for all skins. Sometimes it doesn't. So if someone asks a question about one of the skins I don't own yet, I am sometimes unable to answer. But there are other helpful people on these forums who do a great job of helping others. My point is, some support questions can be handled by the community (and are).

One suggestion that might help would be for this forum to have the Tutorial System installed. That way, when a "fix" or a "mod" is explained in the forums, it can be tutorialized and made easier to find. It's something to consider.

But anyway, if you have a question, I will always try to help. I am big enough of a man to say "I don't know" when I don't know the answer. But I try, as others do, to help out as much as possible.
  • Ehren, jazman and Sujay2 like this

jazman

jazman

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Hi Jazman,

Thanks for your understanding regarding the management of two sites. I should note that support topics take priority and are answered as soon as possible. Modifications (which aren't critical to the usability of your forum), while still important, take second place to support topics.

I should also mention that support questions are answered on a daily basis, and there are currently 0 pending support topics in the customer area. :)

Thanks for the response, i suppose it would have helped if i had posted in the correct area of the forums... Don't get me wrong, the support responses i have received here in the past and on your other site have always been very helpful, even though its a bigger paragraph i definitely have more good to say than bad, i suppose it shouldn't be based on one incident that was really down to me misunderstanding.
  • Tazz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users