Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Existing 3.3.x skins upgraded for 3.3.3 + Magnetic released

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
All existing 3.3.x skins have been upgraded for IP.Board 3.3.3 + IP.Nexus 1.5.0

I'm also happy to announce the release of Magnetic for IP.Board 3.3.x. A demo will be available tomorrow, and the new version is available as a free upgrade for all customers who purchased the skin for 3.1.x.

:)
  • Flitterkill, AlexJ, vitoreis and 3 others like this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

nodle

nodle

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
I wouldn't mind seeing a demo of Magnetic when you get time Ehren.

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

I wouldn't mind seeing a demo of Magnetic when you get time Ehren.

You can demo Magnetic using the LIVE DEMO feature under "Browse Skins" in the navigation menu.

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
The live demo of Magnetic was added a few days ago :)
  • Nifrodel likes this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Hatsu

Hatsu

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Your live demo of Magnetic has a horizontal scrollbar which doesn't look nice.

Tested on Mac OS 10.6, FF 13.0.1 with 1280x800 resolution.

Attached Files

• Miser likes this

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
This issue has been fixed in the customer area.. the demo board hasn't been updated yet. :)
  • Hatsu likes this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

mz_

mz_

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Any changes for 3.3.4, or are we good to go as far as the current updated skins?

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
There are a few changes. I'm currently upgrading the development board.

I'll post the change list in the customer area. :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
All skins are now compatible with 3.3.4 :)
  • mz_ and Hatsu like this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Kilwa

Kilwa

• Pip
  • 4 posts
What about Joie theme?

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Joie is one of the four themes that have not been updated yet, but it is on the skin upgrade list.

AWS

AWS

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Expect Joie about 6 months from now at the current rate that updates are going.

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Expect Joie about 6 months from now at the current rate that updates are going.

That may or may not be true. We don't now which skin(s) Ehren is currently working on.

AWS

AWS

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
No matter what the order is updates are still painfully slow. I expect 3.4 will be released before all the remaining skins are updated. Then we're back to square one waiting the 3.4 updates. We've already been waiting for some 3.1.4 skins to be updated through 2 major version releases already.

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I understand what you're saying. But the flip side of it is this. Right now, 13 of the 17 skins Oliver created have been updated. Had Ehren not stepped in when Oliver departed, we would not have any of these skins at all.

For the record, I have purchased 8 Skinbox skins, and not all of them have been updated yet. But I can't justify crying over that because the alternative is that I very well wouldn't have any of them had Ehren not stepped in.
  • Ehren and AWS like this

AWS

AWS

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
I agree with you 100%. Maybe if there was a little more information on the timeline on the updates to the remaining skins the frustration of waiting wouldn't be bad.

In all honesty I would rather no one stepped in and that Skinbox just closed down after Oliver left. We'd have all know then that it was over and would move on instead of waiting months for each update.
  • Kilwa likes this

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

In all honesty I would rather no one stepped in and that Skinbox just closed down after Oliver left. We'd have all know then that it was over and would move on instead of waiting months for each update.

That's a very strange way at looking at this situation. You are of course more than welcome to purchase skins from other designers if you're not satisfied with the ones here. You're not under contract to only use skinbox designs. ;)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

AWS

AWS

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
I would just like to use what I paid for. Delite being the skin I'm talking about. It was released and I purchased it. Shortly after Oliver went MIA, 3.2 was released. Here we are close to 3.4 coming out and I'm still waiting to usewhat I paid for.

I appreciate what you did taking over, but, in all honesty it would have been better to just walk away and shut it down. Then I would have known the skins would not be updated. Now I have my doubts that the rest will ever be done and all this site will offer is the same old skins upgraded to each new version. Not a very good business plan I'd say.

If you have no intention of upgrading the remaining skins say so and you'll never hear another word from me. The lack of information is worse than the slow upgrades.

AWS

AWS

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
BTW I did go to another designer when Oliver left. In fact you were the one I went to. Unfortunately for me there is no skin that compares to Delite so here I sit waiting and waiting.

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
Spectrum is very, very close. I will add that to your account if you do not wish to wait for the Delight upgrade.
  • Tazz likes this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users