Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Existing 3.3.x skins upgraded for 3.3.2

Skin upgrades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
The skins have been upgraded to 3.3.x + nexus compatibility.. I just haven't had a chance to upload them to the client area yet. Hopefully tomorrow.
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Awesome, can't wait to get them so I can upgrade! :)

Posted Image

Ryan11433

Ryan11433

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
alright I will be waiting for it to update once I have access to them.

PrinceOfAbyss

PrinceOfAbyss

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

There aren't any major changes.. most seem to be SEO changes. There's a tutorial in the customer area which teaches you how to generate a report that lists all of the changes. It's the method which I use to upgrade skins, to take a look and see if that helps. :)

Ehren I'd be grateful if you could answer to my following question. I actually asked it in the Invision forums, but no one gave me an answer.

So, before I installed 3.3.1, I completely truncated the skin_cache, skin_collections, skin_css, skin_css_previous, skin_replacements and skin_templates tables. Then, I upgraded my forum to 3.3.1 which filled those tables, and everything was fine. Then, I installed the 6 skins I have purchased from you, and then I made some corrections to some template bits and CSS related to Shoutbox, Garage (a 3rd party app), and Classifieds (another 3rd party app).

Then, once 3.3.2 was released I upgraded, but was afraid to upgrade your skins too, as I couldn't remember what changes I've made to them. The same applies to 3.3.3. Not that I have spotted any incompatibilities between 3.3.1 skins and 3.3.2 or 3.3.3 forum, so I'm not sure what changes where made.

But, inevitably sometime in the future I will have to upgrade my skins.

So, after this intro, the one-million-dollar question: How do I find out what changes I've made to your skins? Is there a compare tool/method between an aftermarket skin in file and the actual template bits and CSS being in the DB? Unfortunately, the Compare differences button gives me all the changes between the master skin bit and the one of each skin. But those changes include yours, as well as the 6-7 ones I've made. So, is there actually a way to spot only my corrections?

Ryan11433

Ryan11433

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Ehren I'd be grateful if you could answer to my following question. I actually asked it in the Invision forums, but no one gave me an answer.

So, before I installed 3.3.1, I completely truncated the skin_cache, skin_collections, skin_css, skin_css_previous, skin_replacements and skin_templates tables. Then, I upgraded my forum to 3.3.1 which filled those tables, and everything was fine. Then, I installed the 6 skins I have purchased from you, and then I made some corrections to some template bits and CSS related to Shoutbox, Garage (a 3rd party app), and Classifieds (another 3rd party app).

Then, once 3.3.2 was released I upgraded, but was afraid to upgrade your skins too, as I couldn't remember what changes I've made to them. The same applies to 3.3.3. Not that I have spotted any incompatibilities between 3.3.1 skins and 3.3.2 or 3.3.3 forum, so I'm not sure what changes where made.

But, inevitably sometime in the future I will have to upgrade my skins.

So, after this intro, the one-million-dollar question: How do I find out what changes I've made to your skins? Is there a compare tool/method between an aftermarket skin in file and the actual template bits and CSS being in the DB? Unfortunately, the Compare differences button gives me all the changes between the master skin bit and the one of each skin. But those changes include yours, as well as the 6-7 ones I've made. So, is there actually a way to spot only my corrections?

Well I'm not a skinbox staff here.. you can tell what have changed in a single template at http://www.diffchecker.com comparing the difference with old and new which is a way when you do this manually.

ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Any progress on uploading the files Ehren?

Thanks!

Posted Image

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

I use the template merge center, which creates a report that shows all of the changes between different versions (3.3.1 > 3.3.3 for example). There aren't any tools which give you a list of the changes which you have made yourself, after installing the skin.
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

AlexJ

AlexJ

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Any progress on uploading the files Ehren?
Thanks!

I have never seen any upload system where it takes more then 4 days... dunno :rolleyes:

Patiently waiting for update. :)

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Yeah sorry, had a few delays with the server. Was unable to access FTP for whatever reason (even though I use the same password every day). Very bad timing.

Nexus 1.5.0 has been added and skins will be exported in a couple of hours. :)
  • AlexJ likes this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Yeah sorry, had a few delays with the server. Was unable to access FTP for whatever reason (even though I use the same password every day). Very bad timing.

Nexus 1.5.0 has been added and skins will be exported in a couple of hours. :)

Thank you Ehren! :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users