Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Existing 3.3.x skins upgraded for 3.3.2

Skin upgrades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Hi everyone,

Just a quick announcement to let you all know that all of the 3.3.1 skins have been upgraded for IP.Board 3.3.2, Downloads 2.5.1 and Chat 1.4.1, all of which were released a little under 24 hours ago.

As usual, upgrades are free for existing customers.. and please post any bugs (if they exist) in the Customer support forum.

Thanks! Posted Image
  • mistera, Cusosugomeh and fallout like this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Thank you, Ehren!
  • Ehren and fallout like this

ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Wow, great work! I wasn't expecting this quick (not meant to be a bad way) since you have a lot on your plate!

Thank you Ehren for all of your hard work you've done for the community, it's greatly appreciated.
  • Ehren and fallout like this

Posted Image

AWS

AWS

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
What about Delite and Joie?
  • fallout likes this

reficul

reficul

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Any chance to have this tutorial on skinbox?

http://www.ipbforums...-upgrade-skins/

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Any chance to have this tutorial on skinbox?

http://www.ipbforums...-upgrade-skins/

http://www.skinbox.net/community/topic/4587-how-to-upgrade-skins/

Done :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

reficul

reficul

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thx Ehren only one question, how to upgrade includeCSS template bit?
for velvet skin it's very customized.

mz_

mz_

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Ok, haven't upgraded to IPB 3.3.2 yet, but if I do I have to upgrade the skin again as well?

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
There were a few minor skin upgrades between 3.3.0 > 3.3.2, so it's always suggested. :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

fallout

fallout

• Pip
  • 1 posts
upgraded to IPB 3.3.2

uA_Y_C_A

uA_Y_C_A

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
3.3.3 released you know, any updates will relase for skins ?

Do you suggest update to 3.3.3 now..?

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
It was released around midnight local time for me.. I haven't had a chance to upgrade yet, so I'm not sure. :)
  • uA_Y_C_A likes this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

AlexJ

AlexJ

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

3.3.3 released you know, any updates will relase for skins ?

Do you suggest update to 3.3.3 now..?

I would suggest you update your skins as soon as Ehren release update for 3.3.3. Their are SEO changes in skin.

This maintenance release of IP.Board addresses all reported bugs and contains some minor SEO improvements which include:
- "Page x of y" added to the beginning of the meta description tag to denote pages in a series
- "Page x" moved closed to the topic title in the <title> tag
- Fix where a 301 (permanent redirect) was sent for /unread/ where it should have sent a 302 (temporary move)

• uA_Y_C_A likes this

Shehi

Shehi

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ehren, can you confirm that there are changes in skins as of v3.3.3 or not? So far, I didn't see any differences between default-3.3.3 skin and current Skinbox skins. All work fine. Please confirm it so that I started customizing your skins for my community - I don't want to do all that work again. Thx...
  • mz_ likes this

mz_

mz_

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
I'd like to see some confirmation as well if we can go ahead and upgrade to 3.3.3 or if there are any skin changes.

Ryan11433

Ryan11433

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I'd like to see some confirmation as well if we can go ahead and upgrade to 3.3.3 or if there are any skin changes.

well I'm not a skin box staff here and you might be safe to upgrade to 3.3.3 from 3.3.2 and they works fine. There was only SEO changes as stated. I think that it was not bad since search engines bots only get to IP.Board skin (if the settings are set that way)

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
There aren't any major changes.. most seem to be SEO changes. There's a tutorial in the customer area which teaches you how to generate a report that lists all of the changes. It's the method which I use to upgrade skins, to take a look and see if that helps. :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Ryan11433

Ryan11433

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Ok Ehren that is what I thought and you might need to know that where do I find the tutorial to double check because the word you describe customer area is at http://www.skinbox.n...&module=clients that does not have tutorial section linking to http://www.skinbox.n...-upgrade-skins/ Otherwise I'm missing something as something might be messing with my mind.

Ryan11433

Ryan11433

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I have ran Template Merge Center for you with Brave, Blood, Caja, Cielo, Elegant, Less, Mystic, Source, Surface, Underground, Velvet and Warrior for 3.3.3 from 3.3.2 to know the real answer. ;)

As for Brave, Blood, Mystic, Source, Underground, Velvet and Warrior.

You have 10 items with conflicts that need resolving.

This means that the items could not be automatically 'merged'. You need to either edit them manually to 'resolve' the conflicts or use the 'resolve all' option to determine the final template.

As for Caja, Cielo, Elegant, Less and Surface.

You have 9 items with conflicts that need resolving.

This means that the items could not be automatically 'merged'. You need to either edit them manually to 'resolve' the conflicts or use the 'resolve all' option to determine the final template.

ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
I know Nexus was just released but is there any time frame that the skins will be updated in?

Thanks

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users