3.3.x skin upgrades

81 replies to this topic

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
A few 3.3.x skins should be ready by tomorrow (within the next 12-20 hours). :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

articuno1_au

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Well that's wonderful, that only leaves some of your members waiting for more than a year for updates on skins they have purchased.

We bought the mystic skin from your "company" in 2010 after finding it in a pirated pack of skins. I wrote to Olivier and ended up purchasing the skin.

My lead developer and I then proceeded to style our website around the skin, building a consistent interface between the website and the forum based on the assurance of Olivier that updates would be prompt and usable. Now we are stuck on thoroughly ancient forum software because if we update our users themes break, and the company that had guaranteed prompt updates has taken more than a year to update the theme and haven't bothered to tell anyone what is happening with the process.

I could not in good faith recommend your company to anyone. Your business conduct is beyond reprehensible and your customer service non existent.

Extremely poor form gentlemen.

steve922

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

View PostEhren, on 25 March 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

A few 3.3.x skins should be ready by tomorrow (within the next 12-20 hours). :)

Can you elaborate on "A few?"

Thanks!

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

View Postarticuno1_au, on 25 March 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Well that's wonderful, that only leaves some of your members waiting for more than a year for updates on skins they have purchased.

We bought the mystic skin from your "company" in 2010 after finding it in a pirated pack of skins. I wrote to Olivier and ended up purchasing the skin.

My lead developer and I then proceeded to style our website around the skin, building a consistent interface between the website and the forum based on the assurance of Olivier that updates would be prompt and usable. Now we are stuck on thoroughly ancient forum software because if we update our users themes break, and the company that had guaranteed prompt updates has taken more than a year to update the theme and haven't bothered to tell anyone what is happening with the process.

I could not in good faith recommend your company to anyone. Your business conduct is beyond reprehensible and your customer service non existent.

Hello,

I took over skinbox in September last year. During that time, I've had to manage two other skinning sites apart from this one, and I have upgraded 11 of the premade skins at this point. It's much more difficult and time consuming having to upgrade someone elses code (since I wasn't the original designer), because everyone has their own techniques. We're not hiding any information about upgrades - they're simply not as quick as we'd hope.

Since 3.2.x was only released in July, it's not possible that you've been waiting for more than a year for upgrades (it has just reached the 8 month stage if you had upgraded on day 1, keeping in mind I've only been here for 6 of those months). I was skeptical about taking over skinbox because I was aware of the amount of work which was needed and considering I needed to upgrade 20 skins for free (without any prior payment from past customers), it was very daunting to say the least. The site needed a massive overhaul, not only design wise but the forum/customer system needed major updating and I can say with some confidence that every customer would have been left in the dark with zero upgrades if no one had taken over.

As you probably know, Olivier is no longer part of this site. I am not aware of any promises Olivier has made in the past so it is difficult for me to meet any expectations on his behalf.

The skinbox skins are now #1 priority on my list before any custom work, so upgrades will be quicker than they were with 3.2.x. It just takes time.. can't say much more than that.
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

View Poststeve922, on 25 March 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Can you elaborate on "A few?"

Thanks!
All of the 3.2.x skins, plus Caja.

Others are being started today. :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Maruku

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just bought warrior thinking it was updated, oh well waiting now

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
Brave, Warrior, Source, Blood, Velvet, Cielo, Elegant, Surface, Less and Underground are now compatible with 3.3.x
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

pavero

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
You see Ehren I await you how to update a warrior of the skin that I had to change my way, and not to remove the changes I've made?

Thank you very much at work I will make you test this and report the possible error ;)

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

View Postpavero, on 26 March 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

You see Ehren I await you how to update a warrior of the skin that I had to change my way, and not to remove the changes I've made?

Thank you very much at work I will make you test this and report the possible error ;)
Skins will need to be installed from scratch. If you've made any modifications, you'll need to redo them after your upgrade to 3.3.x
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Timberwolf

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for all the hard work you do here Ehren!

Blueracer66

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Awesome, thanks for updating them. I'd like Magnetic to be updated as well as it's one of the skins most used on my site. I'm planning to buy Velvet and Less once all updates have been made. Thanks!

Kupernik

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Huh ? Where can download Brave 3.3 ? In Client Area is only 3.2 Version ?

Gaffney

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Great :) Also can't wait for Caja

Gaffney

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I just downloaded the file from here, Elegant 3.3.x

No color changing icon, no gap between rules and view new content. Also wouldn't let me change skin unless I did a manual refresh.

Attached File  Untitled-2.png   34.66K   21 downloads

ADKGamers

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

View Postarticuno1_au, on 25 March 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

It's extremely poor that you come in here acting like you expect everything to be done on your watch. Yes we paid for these skins, BUT if it wasn't for Ehren this company wouldn't even be around right now. And then you would have NOTHING. No support, no upgraded skins, etc. .

And you probably don't realize that he's asked people for help with skinning, but I'm certain he hasn't gotten anyone reliable that he feels comfortable with putting out a solid product that he thinks people would appreciate.

Come on here. . give the guy a break, he is doing the work of probably at least 5 people at least right now between all of the sites that he now does work for. Be happy that this site is still around and he responds to EVERY topic that is made. And that there have been upgrades made.

In the long run, not every customer is going to be happy. If you want something done quickly when you want it, go hire an outside designer/coder and expect to pay more than what you're paying for here. Also I'm pretty certain you didn't pay for any upgrades, so you paid for the skin once and it's now going on 2 updates that we (the customers) have gotten for free. Not sure what more you want with the cheap price tag that they've given us.

Posted Image

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts

View PostGaffney, on 26 March 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

I just downloaded the file from here, Elegant 3.3.x

No color changing icon, no gap between rules and view new content. Also wouldn't let me change skin unless I did a manual refresh.

Attachment Untitled-2.png
Wow, you're right - I'll take a look shortly.
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

TheRevTastic

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

View Postpavero, on 26 March 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

No skin author would update a skin to solely fit your needs and your needs alone, you will have to redo all of your customization's, as with any other skin.

Erik Merødningen

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I see the skin I just spent money on (Viril) isn't on your list of upgrades.
Any chance of a refund, as the product I bought won't be able to work?

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
All skins will be upgraded - Viril just hasn't been yet. You will receive the upgrade for free, but if you want a refund instead, PM me and that should be fine.
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Mark RKH

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the update Ehren, just noticed a newer version of IPB was out.
Proud owner of AssumedK1ll3r

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users