Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

3.2.x Update (Viril)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Angel

Angel

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

it s great that you guys have a "Skin Upgrade Process Bar" but I would like to know when Viril skin will be updated! All other major premium skin providers has updated their portfolio quickly after the release of 3.2.x. From a customer point of view, it s bit annoying to buy a skin but being able to use it. Could you please at least give your best estimation when it will be updated?

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought magnetic last year specifically for my new website, and I have been unable to use it. I wish there was an exchange program so I could drop Magnetic and get Less. Don't get me wrong, I have purchased other SkinBox skins which HAVE been updated and I am very happy with them. But I was really hoping the skin I orginally bought for this site was done by now.

I did wait to upgrade to 3.2 specifically for Magnetic, but then I just said the heck with it and upgraded. I didn't see the point in holding back upgrading just for a skin. Especially when I had other I had already purchased (to the tune of $100+), But Magnetic and Less are the best fits for my vision for my site.

Sadly, money is tight and I can't buy Less at this point.

ernestdefoe

ernestdefoe

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Yeah it seems that upgrades to the newest version of IP.Board have all but come to a halt around here. I don't know what happened.....they started out strong on the upgrades but 3.2.x has been out how long and they don't have half of their skins updated yet. I know that SB skins are a bit more complex than most other companies that just more or less do a recolor of the default and change a few icons but it's been what seems like forever since there has been an updated skin release. I too am waiting on Viril and Caja to be released as those are the two skins I have. At the rate things are going 3.3 will be out and they will possibly have to redo the skins again before all the skins that haven't been updated are updated.

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Invision mentioned that 3.3 will not require skins to be recoded from scratch. And we currently have 9/17 skins updated for 3.2.x (which is over half). Underground is ready but I'm just waiting on Sebastien to finish the php/js. Caja is about 80% finished and Sebastien is also required to do his work on that before it's released. Mystic will follow Caja, and depending on demand, Viril will be after that :)

Work is definitely being done, but as you said - these skins are a lot more complex than other designs, especially with the .ini config files.
  • Ryan11433 likes this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Angel

Angel

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply Ehren. Could you give us at least a deadline or time frame when we should expect Viril to be completed ? By the end of the month ? in 1-2 weeks ?...

Ryan11433

Ryan11433

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Thanks for the reply Ehren. Could you give us at least a deadline or time frame when we should expect Viril to be completed ? By the end of the month ? in 1-2 weeks ?...

Due to my experiences at this site Ehren meant Mystic and/or Caja comes out soon or next month then Viril could be ready in two or three months. It is just my guess and I may be wrong who knows? Mystic is really a great skin too. :)
  • ligerv likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users