Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What a support here?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Oleksandr Galaguta

Oleksandr Galaguta

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have post one question about template 24 hours ago. When I will get answer?
Here not much questions from customers. Do you really can not give answers quickly? Because of my problem, I can not launch forum.
Regards, Alex.

PS. Sorry for my English.

Munra

Munra

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
This is ridiculous post you got an answer in 26 hours not to menition what you were trying to do was not a bug or a problem with the skin and was not keeping you from launching your forum .
  • circo likes this

circo

circo

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I would think that a community of forum admins would have a bit more patience.

ørret

ørret

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
LOL, IPS official support use 24-48 hours, and you expect a skin provider to be any faster?

Ancientwolfgr

Ancientwolfgr

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's not an unreasonable question, and can have vailid reasons why; the only thing not warranted are the snarky responses. Not every admin has "your" level of expertise, or knows what kind of scheduling a developer has. It's poor camaraderie that drives people to "other" sites for product and support, which is not beneficial for everyone.

Think about it.
  • Gerry likes this

Tazz

Tazz

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

It's not an unreasonable question, and can have vailid reasons why; the only thing not warranted are the snarky responses. Not every admin has "your" level of expertise, or knows what kind of scheduling a developer has. It's poor camaraderie that drives people to "other" sites for product and support, which is not beneficial for everyone.

Think about it.

You're wrong. His skin modification question was addressed the day after he asked it, which I feel is very reasonable. In addition, his "problem" was in no way preventing him from launching his forum.

Extreame

Extreame

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I agree with the support here - IT IS NON EXISTENT

Yes Tazz asked extra questions to my issue and I appreciate that, Ehren did ask questions, but I see he can't be bothered.

However - my issue is still unresolved, and it has now been 5 days and I guess I will never get the support I need.

I am done with skinbox!

Huge Posted Image

LOL, IPS official support use 24-48 hours, and you expect a skin provider to be any faster?

I get better, faster support from IPS, so there is no comparison to support here.

Lets face it, the support here is useless.

I will never again spend money on skinbox skins as it is not worth the time, effort or money, I would be better spending the money on a skin that has support, like Tom Christian's skins.

At least he offers support in a timely fashion (usually within 12 hours, not days).

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Hello,

My last reply was two days ago, and you had not replied until this morning at 5:23 AM local time. As I was out this morning, I have only just arrived home (at 3:00PM local time) and have seen your reply.

To be clear, the issue you are having is strange to say the least. Since it does not happen on my development board or on any other sites, it means it has likely been caused by a hook you have installed, or by the modifications which you have made (which you mentioned in your topic). Keep in mind that the issue is not compromising the security or functionality of your board - and since you have only posted images of the issue, and not a live link (as requested in the "how to" section), it's very hard for me to diagnose. ;)

Please remember that time zones play a large role in how quick your questions are answered. I am asleep daily at 5:23AM, and since this is my first time sitting at my computer today, it wasn't possible for me to answer you any quicker.

I should also note that there are no pending support questions in the customer area - they have all been answered (at our earliest convenience). :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

mbows

mbows

• Pip
  • 2 posts

You are an idiot, When I have used IPS support I have had an answer in 2 hours or less in that time they have logged in and sorted the issue
  • Gerry likes this

DarkRider

DarkRider

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

You are an idiot, When I have used IPS support I have had an answer in 2 hours or less in that time they have logged in and sorted the issue

No need for name calling...especially in a resolved topic. I've waited 5 days on IPS support before, despite their 24-48 hour support guarantee, it all depends on their workload (lighter workload=2 hour response times ;)) and the same is true anywhere.

In this case it's basically two blokes trying to serve the needs of hundreds of clients to keep the company afloat. So, yeah, there may be some support delays. As long as your site is still online, it's best to practice patience and give them a fair chance to help you. No community or admin ever dried up and died due to lack of skin support. :)

/my two cents.
  • Ehren and Sujay2 like this

Brandon Melcher_28256

Brandon Melcher_28256

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As much as the support here is not so good, you need to understand that their are TWO active administrators, both of which are always busy and cannot answer every question. Ehren has expertise that can cover a lot of things, and so does Sebastien, but they cannot be on every second of the day to answer your questions. So in my advice, be patient and have some respect as they are trying their hardest, and I don't know if you can but I can definitely see that.
  • Sujay2 likes this

jazman

jazman

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
you have to remember as well Ehren doesnt just run this website, he also runs another skinning website, so there are going to be delays as he has to provide support for 2 different skinning websites / communities as well as update both those sites and skins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users