Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Cielo available for 3.2.x

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
...Glad Internetix brought this up. I bought Cielo 3.2 last night and am trying to figure out the same thing. This was a big part of the old Cielo that we fell in love with, especially considering the "sign in" bar is at the bottom and more likely to be overlooked by visitors...

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
More problems in Cielo.

I apologize, I'm new to IPB and I can't for the life of me figure out how to just put an image inside a post.

See attached. I can't start getting Blogs setup at our site because clicking "Create a Blog" within no blogs, or "Manage Blogs" with existing blogs lands me here...

Attached Files

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Internetix: The 3.2 version of Cielo doesn't have the guest message, but depending on demand, we can always add it in a future version.

Nate: I'm currently upgrading the skins for the latest version of the Blogs, Nexus and Gallery. Check back in a few hours for the updated files (which will fix your problem). :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

internetix

internetix

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Oh Ehren, please add the guest message back into the skin. This is was a big feature of the skin and together with category grid layout made my decision toward using Cielo :(

Like Nate said, register and login button were in the perfect spot on that guest message.
That part of layout can be then customized to match our website/portal design and so forth.
If somebody doesn't like that message and banner he can always close it.

I will buy this skin today with the hope that you guys will put that part back into the skin.
This skin can really match my portal design and overall color scheme but i need that header to customize it with a specific graphic and message.

THX for such great products! :wub:
  • Ehren likes this

d33j4y

d33j4y

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Oh Ehren, please add the guest message back into the skin. This is was a big feature of the skin and together with category grid layout made my decision toward using Cielo :(

Like Nate said, register and login button were in the perfect spot on that guest message.
That part of layout can be then customized to match our website/portal design and so forth.
If somebody doesn't like that message and banner he can always close it.

I will buy this skin today with the hope that you guys will put that part back into the skin.
This skin can really match my portal design and overall color scheme but i need that header to customize it with a specific graphic and message.

THX for such great products! :wub:

There are Guest Message addons you can use that are free in the IPB marketplace which are free, just a suggestion..

internetix

internetix

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
d44j4y, thanks for suggestion. :) I know several guest message apps for IPB but they will not do the trick since the main point of that area is to give a "graphic" feel to the board and "integrate" it into my portal design and overall project identity.

I don't need just to promote a standard text message to users .. but the whole header found in previous Cielo version. Then, i can customise this header with my message, my graphics and so forth, remove the logo from the thin menu-bar -> place a bigger logo on that header .. you got the point.

I purchased the theme today and sincerly ... i really LOVE that header found on previous version of Cielo :(
If Ehren would add that header to 3.2 version it would be awesome.
Cielo for IPB 3.2 really needs that header ... pls, pls add it. :(
  • Nate likes this

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Ehren -

What is the possibility of you completing the Cielo header soon? I don't know how much work it is to add that, but just as in the case of internetix, this is a BIG thing for us that we assumed was still there as it was before when we made the decision to go with it. We're hoping to do a launch in the next couple weeks, but really need this header to be there in order to accomplish our objective.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!...

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks for resolving the issue within the Blogs. That appears to be fixed.

However, 2 problems remain in Cielo:

1. The bug I pointed out in post #19 of this thread has not been resolved.

2. When attempting to post an Article under Pages, and also when attempting to click on a previously published Article in Pages, we're taken to a blank white page with the following error. We've contacted IPB about this, and they believe it is an issue with the skin:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_global_6::user_popup() in /home/truthsee/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(419) : eval()'d code on line 2958

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Ehren -

What is the possibility of you completing the Cielo header soon? I don't know how much work it is to add that, but just as in the case of internetix, this is a BIG thing for us that we assumed was still there as it was before when we made the decision to go with it. We're hoping to do a launch in the next couple weeks, but really need this header to be there in order to accomplish our objective.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!...

We're currently focusing on upgrading the other premade skins first before adding/modifying any existing 3.2 skins. I can give you basic code which will display a message to guests, however I don't think we'll be adding the expand/collapse feature or anything just yet..

To report bugs, please use the Customer forum, and make sure the error doesn't happen using the default skin as well. ;)

Thanks
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Ryan11433

Ryan11433

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Thanks for resolving the issue within the Blogs. That appears to be fixed.

However, 2 problems remain in Cielo:

1. The bug I pointed out in post #19 of this thread has not been resolved.

2. When attempting to post an Article under Pages, and also when attempting to click on a previously published Article in Pages, we're taken to a blank white page with the following error. We've contacted IPB about this, and they believe it is an issue with the skin:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_global_6::user_popup() in /home/truthsee/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/pages.php(419) : eval()'d code on line 2958

You are talking about a forum named bible history and the y appears cut in half? This have nothing to do with skinbox unless you change the font?

user_popup is screwed up or missing in global templates of that skin you are on. That is what the error means to me.

However it does appear on default skin too. :(

Also thanks for bringing that up and I just filed a ticket to IPS.

UPDATE: It is not a bug as they stated. See http://community.inv...ate-issues-r628 for more information.

Edited by Ryan11433, 05 December 2011 - 04:10 AM.

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
1. I did not change the font. Are you saying I will have to change the font to prevent this?

2. Thanks Ryan. I'll check it out and see if I can get it fixed on my own. Curious how it happened in the first place though, as I never changed any templates or did anything custom other than upgrading the skin.

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

We're currently focusing on upgrading the other premade skins first before adding/modifying any existing 3.2 skins. I can give you basic code which will display a message to guests, however I don't think we'll be adding the expand/collapse feature or anything just yet..

:( If you get a wild hair, we'd be pretty stoked if you changed your mind and hammered that one out sometime. ;) I wouldn't consider this a "modification" to an existing skin, but rather finishing something that wasn't completed prior to the update release. I guess you could say we should have more thoroughly checked out the 3.2 demo, but we (mistakingly) assumed it was going to be the same skin as the 3.1 version we fell in love with. As Internetix and I stated previously, given that the location of the sign-in bar is at the bottom on Cielo, the header was an important part of the flow of the skin. Although it's just the two of us that are outspoken about this, I would bet this would likely be a common sentiment among other existing and prospective Cielo users...

To report bugs, please use the Customer forum, and make sure the error doesn't happen using the default skin as well. ;)

Thanks

Will do. Thanks Ehren.

Nate

Nate

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Ehren -

I'm just gonna add this here since we've already been discussing it. Looking like I spoke too soon on your fix for the issue in the Blogs. It does solve the problem when clicking on a Blog, but we still have the same problem previously addressed when clicking "Manage Blogs".

internetix

internetix

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

:( If you get a wild hair, we'd be pretty stoked if you changed your mind and hammered that one out sometime. ;) I wouldn't consider this a "modification" to an existing skin, but rather finishing something that wasn't completed prior to the update release. I guess you could say we should have more thoroughly checked out the 3.2 demo, but we (mistakingly) assumed it was going to be the same skin as the 3.1 version we fell in love with. As Internetix and I stated previously, given that the location of the sign-in bar is at the bottom on Cielo, the header was an important part of the flow of the skin. Although it's just the two of us that are outspoken about this, I would bet this would likely be a common sentiment among other existing and prospective Cielo users...

I totally agree with Nate. :(
Cielo isn't cielo anymore without that header.

I know that you guys are pretty busy migrating the rest of the skins to 3.2 but cielo isn't finished without all the features from 3.1 version updated to 3.2. :( Cutting features out just to speed up the migration process is really not a great ideea.

I assume that you can easy migrate that header from Cielo 3.1 to Cielo 3.2.

Sebastien Penet

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
I haven't checked the manifests, but I think the js package that manages the collapsing effect is still included in the skin, in which case we just lack the styling.

We might consider adding that when we have some spare time, or with the next update.
  • Nate likes this
Skinbox
Website Developer
Skins' Interactive Developer

internetix

internetix

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Any news on the old cielo header?
I really really need this .... :(

THX!