Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Skinbox in development

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Great updates as usual :D

Is Blood & these (awesome) upgrades to the site being developed in parallel (i.e. one of you on each task) or is Blood postponed during the upgrades here?

Sebastien and I are the only ones working on the site. He's doing the php/database work and I'm doing the rest of the site. Number 1 priority at the moment is to get the site back up and fully functional. Once that's done, the skin upgrades will continue. :)
  • Vicros, ernestdefoe, ørret and 1 other like this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

R1-Limited

R1-Limited

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Sebastien and I are the only ones working on the site. He's doing the php/database work and I'm doing the rest of the site. Number 1 priority at the moment is to get the site back up and fully functional. Once that's done, the skin upgrades will continue. :)

Not a good decision, rest my case

Vicros

Vicros

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Dude you are just rude and never say anything positive about anything. You were bashing on Oliver for not doing anything and now you don't appreciate what Ehren is doing. What do you want from these guys?

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Can't please everyone - doesn't bother me. :)
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Freakish

Freakish

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ehren = <333333 :))

Mt. Nick

Mt. Nick

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Glad to see this place back alive! Ehren, will you be keeping the beta testing on skins before release (Oliver was doing this before he left on 1-2 skins and it went well).
Thanks,
Nick Perkins

R1-Limited

R1-Limited

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Dude you are just rude and never say anything positive about anything. You were bashing on Oliver for not doing anything and now you don't appreciate what Ehren is doing. What do you want from these guys?

I want them to update the Skins, IMO the site is second and they just wasted another week farting with an established site. You may call it rude, I call it reality.

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Upgrading the skins is of course priority after the site, but at the moment, we have no way of distributing the skins to customers since the old customer system isn't compatible with 3.2.x.

The 3.0.x version of the site was full of spam members (and posts), was hard to navigate and was very outdated. I thought it was more important to spend one week upgrading the site, forums and customer area, so it would be a more user-friendly site for when the skins are updated.

After all of the previous delays from older management, one extra week shouldn't cause massive problems. :)
  • Vicros, ernestdefoe, Mt. Nick and 1 other like this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

Vicros

Vicros

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
I totally agree with you Ehren.

Mt. Nick

Mt. Nick

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Upgrading the skins is of course priority after the site, but at the moment, we have no way of distributing the skins to customers since the old customer system isn't compatible with 3.2.x.

The 3.0.x version of the site was full of spam members (and posts), was hard to navigate and was very outdated. I thought it was more important to spend one week upgrading the site, forums and customer area, so it would be a more user-friendly site for when the skins are updated.

After all of the previous delays from older management, one extra week shouldn't cause massive problems. :)

Reporting wasn't working so it was hard to fight it.
Thanks,
Nick Perkins

BrandonT

BrandonT

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
99% approval on things being done to this website and progress finally being made but ofc there will always be that rude 1% who are never satisfied.

Guess that's just how it always goes.... grow up and move on you can wait an extra week.

Props to you guys on revamping this outdated website into something it deserves to be.

Blueracer66

Blueracer66

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Everything is looking great! Lean and clean, just the way I like things. :)

R1-Limited

R1-Limited

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
No Matter its your site, your business, I respect that. I said my peace, best of luck, I for one will not purchase another nor recommend a skin and I am moving forward with or with out my skin 3.2.x.

nodle

nodle

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
I really like the new floating bottom bar Ehren :)

Nifrodel

Nifrodel

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
That's your problem with being impatient and immature, R1 - not anyone else's. As for taking your business elsewhere, that is your prerogative.

Common courtesy dictates that people show some understanding and PATIENCE when any business changes hands, gets new Administrative Staff, New Owner, etc. One week of waiting or even one month - is nothing. Furthermore, the skins produced here are not your run-of-the-mill, average little default skin edits that a LOT of other designers are cranking out there (no disrespect meant). There is a LOT of highly specialized, intricate and unique coding that takes place in each and every Skinbox product. Therefore, skin upgrades will also take a bit longer, considering that every time IPS updates to a new major version, you have some designers pull their hair out right, left and center - simply because in a lot of cases for them - it means they have to completely re-design the skin and go from scratch.

So, how about you stop complaining, respect the work and effort that goes into everything that's done here - and cut these guys a break, huh? They are, after all, doing their best to get everything back up and running the way it was meant to be.

The Golden Rule applies.
  • ernestdefoe and mudmanc4 like this
Live. Love. Laugh.

mudmanc4

mudmanc4

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
True that Nifrodel.

Is it not the way life goes ? When there is a problem , the business either fizzles out , or someone steps up to the challenge and deals with it. In this case, it's being dealt with. Patients may have been what we needed last month , this month , we get the prize of knowing were being taken care of.

A business can only be successful , if it works both ways. What is supplied benefits the buyer , and sustains the seller. In this case , were all golden.

R1-Limited

R1-Limited

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I never bought into that honorable scout crap either. Even at the age of 12 I figured it was some sort of military cult.

mudmanc4

mudmanc4

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

I never bought into that honorable scout crap either. Even at the age of 12 I figured it was some sort of military cult.

What does either dealing with the issue or not handling it well have to do with your 12 year old thoughts ?

R1-Limited

R1-Limited

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
LOL, love to play... Hint, Avatar
your move..

R1-Limited

R1-Limited

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
All I have done was place my thoughts and opinions, not called anyone names nor is my pants in a tizzy like it seems some responding are. If your going to take these opinions and thoughts personal, then I suggest you back away from the keyboard go out side, find a girlfriend, kiss your wife or whatever it is you wish to do. The cult like aroma I see in many forums "Even Here" reminds me of Harley owners. If they saw a turd stamped with HD on it, they would buy it and use it for grease. Nuff Said, I will wait patiently for the skin I probably will not see until next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users