Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Management

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Sebastien Penet

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
Hello,

After much deliberation, I'm quite sad to announce that Olivier will be leaving Skinbox as of now. It has been a well-thought decision. Although he loves design, he has always disliked coding, and does not feel he is able to fulfil his duties here anymore. Rest assured, he won't leave you alone and Skinbox will continue to function as a skin provider for IPB.

I will remain at Skinbox like I have always been. My role won't change - I will still be in charge of interactive development and more technical things - plus overall management. And Ehren will join forces to replace Olivier. You all know he is the founder of IPBForumSkins - but his arrival at Skinbox won't change anything as for his other business. He will work with me to bring Skinbox to its former level of quality which has been reaching terribly low levels in the past few weeks.

We will focus on getting the skins updated so they are compatible with IP.Board 3.2.x. Brave will be released quickly after the publication of this announcement.

I hope this announcement answers any questions that may have arisen over the past few weeks. We will be striving for a smooth transition, and aim to finally have the skins upgraded in a timely manner.

Thank you.
  • Ehren, Jeel, Ero-Neko and 4 others like this
Skinbox
Website Developer
Skins' Interactive Developer

Proutie

Proutie

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
So will IPForumskins and Skinbox be merging?

mikorist

mikorist

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

So will IPForumskins and Skinbox be merging?

it's not a bad idea - at least for all payments-then we can pay in one place - I have the skins here and there

;)

ørret

ørret

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Ehren, one of my fav skin makers wohoo! ;)
  • AlexJ, ørret and insania like this

avast

avast

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
For now IPBforumskins sucks. Maybe there will be better skins in the future.
  • avast and jakub.kosicky like this

Sebastien Penet

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts
We're not planning on merging the websites for now. :)
Skinbox
Website Developer
Skins' Interactive Developer

Munra

Munra

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
I think its time to upgrade the site to 3.2 so I can like this :)

Swimmer

Swimmer

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Too bad to hear about Oliver, but Ehren is a good guy and i'm a customer of his on his other site, hopefully you can work together to upgrade these skins

Divine Forces

Divine Forces

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Shame about Oliver.

Hopefully Ehren can achieve the same quality design upgrade for each of Oliver's skins in the same way he did without changing things too much :unsure: Ideally for Blood i'd like to see nothing change, just for it to be upgraded to work with 3.2 :unsure:

Anyway, glad to see a proper announcement finally. Any chance at some point in the near future that we could hear from Ehren about a probable release timeline?
Skins Bought:
  • Blood
To Buy:
  • Brave
  • Warrior

Vicros

Vicros

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hmm..thanks for the announcement. I didn't quite see that coming but i had a feeling something drastic was coming lol. Now as for Ehren coming over..its great but that guy is now spreading himself out there lol. He has IPBFS, XenFocus, and now SkinBox wow..what a busy bee he will be lol. I for one am going to stick around, i like where this is going.
  • Sparxy likes this

sire

sire

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Olivier has such great ideas when it comes to forum design and making Skinbox stand out among a sea of skinners. Couldn't you talk him into continuing to create ... but then pass the PSDs over to a coder to finish?
  • avast likes this

avast

avast

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Yeah... Olivers designs were awsome!

Come back Oliver!
  • avast likes this

Ehren

Ehren

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
Hi everyone,

To reiterate when Sebastian said, Skinbox will continue to operate as an individual site, separate from IPBForumSkins. The current 3.1.x premade skins will be upgraded so they are compatible with 3.2.x. They will not undergo any design modifications/changes, and my aim is to make them look as similar as possible to the 3.1.x skins. Brave is pretty much ready for release, and announcements will be posted about what skins are coming next.

I can imagine that we won't be able to please everyone - Olivier and I had our own styles and dedicated customers - but my goal at the moment is to bring skins back to Skinbox in a timely manner to try and keep most of you satisfied. Any feedback is welcomed and will be taken on board. :)
  • Vicros, Rüdy, AlexJ and 7 others like this
Skinbox
Administrator
Skin designer

mudmanc4

mudmanc4

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Well alrighty then , progress is happening :)
  • Vicros likes this

Freakish

Freakish

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ehren is boss. Infinite is the best pre-made skin i seen :)
  • ørret likes this

Azareale

Azareale

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm a loyal IPBforumskins customer and I think you've made a smart move adding him to your staff.
  • ørret likes this

Vicros

Vicros

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
And here we go.. see while all of you were saying that SkinBox was finished, this just shows that you all are a bunch of....(insert your own word for yourself). Lol i bet you guys are so pissed that I along with a few others were right huh? lol negative rep this one too...hahaha
  • Angels likes this

mckooter

mckooter

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi everyone,

To reiterate when Sebastian said, Skinbox will continue to operate as an individual site, separate from IPBForumSkins. The current 3.1.x premade skins will be upgraded so they are compatible with 3.2.x. They will not undergo any design modifications/changes, and my aim is to make them look as similar as possible to the 3.1.x skins. Brave is pretty much ready for release, and announcements will be posted about what skins are coming next.

I can imagine that we won't be able to please everyone - Olivier and I had our own styles and dedicated customers - but my goal at the moment is to bring skins back to Skinbox in a timely manner to try and keep most of you satisfied. Any feedback is welcomed and will be taken on board. :)

Thanks for the update, glad to see your aboard, and hopefully the premade skins for 3.1 will allow you to upgrade to 3.2 easily.

eventually i think a merger of the sites is inevitable, but obviously getting skinbox up to date is a priority.

Thanks.

and id like to thank Oliver for his work making all these skins, the comments on these forums havent been the best, i hope he understands that the ones who dont speak up are the ones who are happy...

ADKGamers

ADKGamers

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
This is great news, and I think it will help get skins out quicker. While Oliver did great work I think Ehren will be able to help out Skinbox tremendously!

Can't wait for the skins to be updated! Might have to buy a few more from each site! :)

Posted Image

bosss

bosss

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
If skins will be updated like elegant (3.2) it is better to not start at all ...

Do not think that skinbox will make back reputation because when Olivier was here ...support was down like many another things ... will see ... but hope that customers will not wait 45 days for some answers ...

regards

bosss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users