IP.Board 3.2 Skin Releases

288 replies to this topic

mudmanc4

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

View PostFreakish, on 30 August 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

Lol everyone here is so selfish. Skinbox isn't required to give a free upgrade.
Well after all the tripe in this thread , it would not surprise me one bit there are deep changes. If the changes have anything to do with the way people treat someone working there tails off to get something to them.

ørret

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I hope Olivier is not sick or anything! :/ That would explain the delay, and if so, I'm sorry.

poofighter

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Ooohh I'm feeling so excited ABOUT THIS :o

I just wanna dance... DANCE WITH ME B)

Look, I'm dancing --> <(^ _ ^<) - Chake That BodyyYY

Divine Forces

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
01 September :( Guess the news Seb posted about is going to be bad news :(
Skins Bought:
  • Blood
To Buy:
  • Brave
  • Warrior

huski

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
skinbox makes the best skins, why do you think customers want their upgrades so much ?

i have been using IPB since version 1.3 and always used the default skin with each new version. hated every imported skin for some reason until i saw elegant.

i personally love the previous version of elegant, but not the upgrade. thats why it remains on the test forum. there is something about IPB 3.2 i don't like anyway, its like waking up next to hillary clinton without makeup or something.

skinbox is strange, they have the best skin designer(s) but are lagging for some reason. if i owned the company i would be wondering how many new customers are being lost every day because only one skin is compatible with IPB 3.2

Kasimir

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Where is LESS skin =) ? ETA?

Leonarts

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This scares me as a potential customer, the situation in skinbox is very frustrating, no 3.2 support just empty promises, on the other hand I have to choose between waiting for Skinbox or going with some other skin provider, unfortunately there is no competition for skinbox, all the other skins look like my grandpas ass. :/

Proutie

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Hopefully seb lets us know whats up soon :/

FCB-ROGA

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

View PostSebastien Penet, on 30 August 2011 - 06:34 PM, said:

There will be an announcement very soon about what has been going on at Skinbox recently.

Deep changes to be expected.

Did this announcement happen in some other place or thread, or has it not been made yet?

(resisting temptation to make a joke about it being on the same schedule as the skin releases......)

mudmanc4

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

View PostLeonarts, on 01 September 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

This scares me as a potential customer, the situation in skinbox is very frustrating, no 3.2 support just empty promises, on the other hand I have to choose between waiting for Skinbox or going with some other skin provider, unfortunately there is no competition for skinbox, all the other skins look like my grandpas ass. :/
No worries Leonarts, it's almost always better to let a little time go by before making decisions. Although we do not know just what the skinbox team will announce here soon, I am more interested in waiting to hear what they have to say before making any decisions as to what direction to go with the forums i have.

Besides , IPB is still pushing updates to 3.2 , now were at 3.2.2 ( at the time of this posting ) So who is to say those who rushed out there skins , are even mostly compatible with the fixes for this massive update in IPB since the previous versions.

I trust skinbox to do the right thing , absolutely !

On a side note : Seems people anymore are more concerned with speed of getting something in there possession then they are of getting quality components or software. This might be one reason why the world is going so crazy, where did craftsmanship and quality go. Furthermore , where did the peoples drive for quality long lasting products go ?

/rant

edit~ BTW , if I have to pay for the new skin set for IPB 3.2.x , I will be more then happy to pay.

darksbane

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

View Postmudmanc4, on 01 September 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

Besides , IPB is still pushing updates to 3.2 , now were at 3.2.2 ( at the time of this posting ) So who is to say those who rushed out there skins , are even mostly compatible with the fixes for this massive update in IPB since the previous versions.

0.0.X upgrades are almost never change a whole lot of the software and rarely cause big issues. I haven't seen any tweaks needed to any of my installed skins going from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2

Proutie

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

View Postdarksbane, on 01 September 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

0.0.X upgrades are almost never change a whole lot of the software and rarely cause big issues. I haven't seen any tweaks needed to any of my installed skins going from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2

True this

FCB-ROGA

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

View Postmudmanc4, on 01 September 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

On a side note : Seems people anymore are more concerned with speed of getting something in there possession then they are of getting quality components or software. This might be one reason why the world is going so crazy, where did craftsmanship and quality go. Furthermore , where did the peoples drive for quality long lasting products go ?

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think the frustration stems 99% from poor communication. When the staff here comes out and says that we plan to have all skins updated by the end of last month, and they only put 1 of them out, it's going to cause frustration. I personally am happy to wait for the particular skin I have my eye on (will be first I buy from this site), but would be better equipped to make decisions if I had more accurate information.

Even the announcement that there would be a major announcement soon is kind of odd if you think about it.

mudmanc4

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

View PostFCB-ROGA, on 01 September 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think the frustration stems 99% from poor communication. When the staff here comes out and says that we plan to have all skins updated by the end of last month, and they only put 1 of them out, it's going to cause frustration. I personally am happy to wait for the particular skin I have my eye on (will be first I buy from this site), but would be better equipped to make decisions if I had more accurate information.

Even the announcement that there would be a major announcement soon is kind of odd if you think about it.

Hence the side not disclaimer. I'm speaking for an overall attitude in general. Most everything tangible we buy is cheap junk, many times you hear people complaining in different categories ( categories meaning other then skinbox or even IPB , whatever ) people screaming with impatience and lack for respect of what it takes , as well as issues that might arise.

Everyone is screaming about tell me more , tell me more. Where is the maturity and experience of understanding ?

Personally i do hope skinbox decides to charge for any updated skins.

mckooter

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

View Postmudmanc4, on 01 September 2011 - 10:34 PM, said:

Hence the side not disclaimer. I'm speaking for an overall attitude in general. Most everything tangible we buy is cheap junk, many times you hear people complaining in different categories ( categories meaning other then skinbox or even IPB , whatever ) people screaming with impatience and lack for respect of what it takes , as well as issues that might arise.

Everyone is screaming about tell me more , tell me more. Where is the maturity and experience of understanding ?

Personally i do hope skinbox decides to charge for any updated skins.

i wouldnt mind if skinbox charged for updated skins except i bought one for testing for the specific reason of updating to 3.2.

I got it before 3.2 was released, dumbly assuming updates were free so i could play around with it before hand. either way ill pay as no one makes skins like skinbox... i just hope this announcement is atleast a good one

Swimmer

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Sep. 2nd and still no clear answer as to what's going on?

mudmanc4

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

View Postmckooter, on 02 September 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

i wouldnt mind if skinbox charged for updated skins except i bought one for testing for the specific reason of updating to 3.2.

I got it before 3.2 was released, dumbly assuming updates were free so i could play around with it before hand. either way ill pay as no one makes skins like skinbox... i just hope this announcement is atleast a good one
Well my comment was a personal distinction between people who feel there always owed something, there's no way I can assume to know if skinbox is going to charge for 3.2.x skin for existing customers. So when you say " dumbly assuming " , we still know only skinbox is been working on an announcement.

I had to bring a couple people in here to view the neg reps I got for the last post , I laughed so hard , as it simply proves my point geezus lmao

gimmie gimmie gimmie , free shit now , free shit now , and fast dammit hahahahaha

Matteo92

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
I bet 10€ that skins will release within 5 september, are there betters ?

mudmanc4

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

View PostMatteo92, on 02 September 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

I bet 10€ that skins will release within 5 september, are there betters ?
hmm , good call , but the 5th in the US is a holiday, so I'll take that bet lol

Swimmer

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

View Postmudmanc4, on 02 September 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

hmm , good call , but the 5th in the US is a holiday, so I'll take that bet lol
Starting to doubt they'll be released at all. Oliver Turbis hasn't been online for 12 days and the last "update" we were given was that there's going to be an announcement shortly and drastic changes are expected. Needless to say it's been 3 days and the announcement hasn't been posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users