About IPB 3.2

237 replies to this topic

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
As you surely know, the final verison of IP.Board 3.2 is now released.

We will upgrade all our skins so they are fully compatible with 3.2 and all its components. Since the code changed a lot since 3.1.4, we see no other solution than completely redo the skins, from scratch. I know this is something you probably don't want to hear, but our update will take some time. It is hard work having to recreate 18 skins from scratch. We are also taking this opportunity to create a "Platform Theme", which will make it easier for us (and for you) to upgrade your skin(s) every time IP.Services decides to dramatically change their software.

Thank you for your understanding.
Olivier Turbis,
Founder & Designer, Skinbox.net
Follow me on Twitter!

Proutie

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
I appreciate this but what about a time frame?

ETA? Schedule which is being done first? Will they all be released in batch?

rollthebones

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Do what you want, just release Velvet first.

Mikobiko

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Where can we offer bribes to get our skins done first? ;)

Swimmer

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Will you be releasing them as they're finished... Or waiting until they're all done? I'd hope the popular ones would be the first to be released due to the large amount of people that have them. Especially gaming ones such as Braves that alot of clans use. Hope it won't be too long though, any idea when so I have an idea when I should be upgrading to 3.2.0?

Mt. Nick

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

View PostMikobiko, on 24 July 2011 - 01:15 AM, said:

Where can we offer bribes to get our skins done first? ;)

Money can't always get you everything you want.
Thanks,
Nick Perkins

Mikobiko

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

View PostMt. Nick, on 24 July 2011 - 02:19 AM, said:

Money can't always get you everything you want.

Perhaps, but it sure can expedite the process ;)

Blueracer66

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I just bought another of your themes and *bam!* IP.B 3.2 is released! Posted Image To tell you the truth, I haven't start a community using IP.B yet so I was using the 2 themes I purchased from you (with Global Branding Option) on my localhost. I love the way the updated IP.Board. I am sure you're going to do a great job updating your themes. Here is my list of precedence: Velvet (I haven't buy it yet but I will), Magnetic, Blood. I'm going to be using these themes on the official Resident Evil Fanboy forums at http://residentevilfanboy.com/forums

Take your time designing and upgrading or you'll get dozens of bugs with the end product. Have about a free or discounted skin after, huh? Posted Image

ørret

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I'm not gonna say what you should do. But I recommend you release it as you finish them one by one, instead of waiting 5 months to release them all at the same time. Also i recommend to start with the skins most ppl currenyly are running / skins with most sales.

mz_

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

View Postørret, on 24 July 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

I'm not gonna say what you should do. But I recommend you release it as you finish them one by one, instead of waiting 5 months to release them all at the same time. Also i recommend to start with the skins most ppl currenyly are running / skins with most sales.

+1

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
They will be released as they are finished, maybe in packs of two or three, depending on how similar they are. However, I can't tell which one will be released first right now, they are all very very popular.

We'll keep you updated through this announcement of all progresses we make.
Skinbox
Website Developer
Skins' Interactive Developer

dhuie

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Crushed,

We had looked at your demo skins a while back and knew which one we wanted. So yesterday we get our IPB purchase made and then come here and grab our skin.

Had been trying to get skin installed with no luck when i notice that IPB is 3.2 Arggghhh.

So my skin purchase is less than 12hours old how long am i looking at untill new versions available ?

Or is there something else we can look at doing ?

mikorist

• Customer
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
the order doesn't matter, i'm sure once the first skin gets released, the others will follow ;)

no rush. :)

csm

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

View Postørret, on 24 July 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

I wondered if this was going to happen again and unfortunately, I personally will never wait that long again. I also think the stock IPB theme is attractive and has very attractive features that allow you to tweak it a bit and go. I'm torn right now between using the stock design or continuing to use Brave. Also, redoing the theme every time there's an upgrade is a huge hassle especially if you got modifications. I can give it a bit, just no where's as long as last time.

Regards

raincat

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

View Postdhuie, on 24 July 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Crushed,

We had looked at your demo skins a while back and knew which one we wanted. So yesterday we get our IPB purchase made and then come here and grab our skin.

Had been trying to get skin installed with no luck when i notice that IPB is 3.2 Arggghhh.

So my skin purchase is less than 12hours old how long am i looking at untill new versions available ?

Or is there something else we can look at doing ?

This is exactly what happened to me. I purchased Cielo, which I love, if ONLY IT WOULD WORK. Would really love a timeframe on when that might be updated. There was probably some small print someplace saying it might not be compatible, but no such warning was readily apparent to me during the checkout process, so I just merrily continued, purchasing both IPB 3.2 and Cielo just yesterday. No, they definitely do NOT work together, not even a little bit.

With no timeframe whatsoever given here, I really can't develop any sort of plan for proceeding with my site. I REALLY like Cielo, and am REALLY hoping I can continue with my previous plan to use it with IPB. However, if a workable version isn't going to be available anytime soon, it would still be useful to get the bad news now rather than wait around for a long time . . . then get it later.

Or am I just supposed to come back here and refresh this screen over and over again? Grrr. Arrgh.

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
We'll send an e-mail to everyone when the release is ready. But we prefer not to give estimates if they aren't reliable.
Skinbox
Website Developer
Skins' Interactive Developer

Reverend

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
All the more reason to wait until a patch on IP.B 3.2.x.

Munra

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

View PostReverend, on 25 July 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

All the more reason to wait until a patch on IP.B 3.2.x.

+1

Mr.NiGhT

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Let us know the progress of you work ;) (Twitter, forums, etc)

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
We are currently in the making of a Platform Theme which will make it easier for everyone when updates are released. Then we will start recreating the skins.
Olivier Turbis,
Founder & Designer, Skinbox.net
Follow me on Twitter!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users