Welcome to IPB skins - Skinbox
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Chrome Lagg

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Guest_Saibot_*

Guest_Saibot_*
  • Guests
Hi,

I noticed almost every skin has major lagg when being used in Chrome.
I also so posts on invisionpower.com about this issue, so what's the status on this?

Cheers,

Sebastien Penet

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
Not every skin in fact.

We're working on this but this issue started occuring unexpectedly so it is quite hard to fix. We do not know why it happens right now.
Skinbox
Website Developer
Skins' Interactive Developer

Guest_Posted_*

Guest_Posted_*
  • Guests
Please keep us posted!

Sebastien Penet

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
After a lot of hard work, we've got rid of this issue, at least for Less. In fact, there's a bug in webkit that causes some of our css to slow down the whole skin when scrolling - we've coded a work-around which will soon be made public alongside with a couple of bugfixes. Other skins will be reviewed one by one so that we remove all those lags.
  • ianbirtwistle likes this
Skinbox
Website Developer

avast

avast

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
i want to buy some of your skins, but they are AWFULLY LAGGY. remove all flashy stuff and just leave simple, not laggy skin. If a user has slower pc, that reading a forum could be a disaster. Even on my new pc some skins are laggy in opera, chrome and ie... Shame.

I am really interested in elegant theme, but it is laggy. I think it is due to go to top button...

Any help?

Sebastien Penet

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
There is a lag in less which is fixed for next release. I can't reproduce the other issues, but all features can be deactivated easily, including the go to top button.
Skinbox
Website Developer

Guest_avast_*

Guest_avast_*
  • Guests

There is a lag in less which is fixed for next release. I can't reproduce the other issues, but all features can be deactivated easily, including the go to top button.

Well lagg in not fixed in your demo... It is still VERRRYYY slow skin. It could be due the button to scroll to the top.

Sebastien Penet

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
There is no lag at all on my side now - you can still deactivate the scroll to top button if you think it is the root cause. :)
Skinbox
Website Developer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users