13 replies to this topic

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
Posted Image

View it live here!

We are glad to announce the release of Joie 1.1.0 as part of our current batch update. The new version of the skin is now compatible with our framework and with the latest IP.Services official applications (Blog, Downloads, Gallery, Chat, Nexus, Content, Tracker and Shootbox). The skin has also been revamped both design and code-wise. It now uses much more modern code. Current Joie customers can download (and reinstall) the new version of the skin through their download box.

7 Color Variations
Joie now ships with 7 color variations built-in: blue, beige, pink, orange, turquoise, khaki and violet. It is very easy to disable color variations and create your own ones.

Posted Image

Hope you will enjoy this update!
Olivier Turbis,
Founder & Designer, Skinbox.net
Follow me on Twitter!

ethank

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
A few bugs:

Collapsing the categories on the left isn't working. In fact none of the JS seems to work (clicking Recent Topics Added, etc)

CSS gets messed up with lots of notifications up top (see attachment)
Attached File  Screen Shot 2011-04-25 at 1.06.48 PM.png   10.45K   12 downloads

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts
Try clearing your cookies. If it doesn't work, give me access to your board please (+ the name of your browser).
Skinbox
Website Developer
Skins' Interactive Developer

ethank

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

View PostSebastien Penet, on 25 April 2011 - 08:17 PM, said:

Try clearing your cookies. If it doesn't work, give me access to your board please (+ the name of your browser).

Clearing the cookies fixed it. I did think that the side bar design (gray category's) was better in the last revision. Will my custom CSS need adjusting now?

The top notification numbers running into each other is still present though. I'm using Chrome.

ethank

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Also I noticed in the demo that Recent Topics Added is the default screen vs Recent Status Updates. Any way to change the order?

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

View Postethank, on 25 April 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Also I noticed in the demo that Recent Topics Added is the default screen vs Recent Status Updates. Any way to change the order?
ACP > System > Manage Hooks and drag them.
Olivier Turbis,
Follow me on Twitter!

ethank

• Customer
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Sorry to rapid fire bug reports, let me know if there is a better place for them, but the Profile doesnt' seem to have been updated either. Fonts are way too big and overrunning their divs

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts
Yes it would be better if you made bug reports in our bug tracker. Everything will get a fix in the end, but well, announcements are not really made for such things.

Thanks.
Skinbox
Website Developer

Mt. Nick

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
WOW! This is so sexy (Bug) Posted Image
Thanks,
Nick Perkins

Olivier Turbis

Administrator

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
This will be improved later on. Thank you for pointing it out.
Olivier Turbis,
Follow me on Twitter!

gap2117

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I thought we were going to add the advertising boxes to this version? Thanks! Also ethank, did you arrange for the code for that second tab that shows the most updated posts, and not just the new topics?

Sebastien Penet

Website Developer

• Management
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts
What we were going to add is our new sidebar framework: it has been added and permits to easily add blocks in the sidebar; including advertising ones.
Feel free to bump your old topic so that we can give you instructions on how to proceed.

As for the updated posts, there are mainly two ways to do it:
- Download a hook which does what you want (and style it accordingly): the new homepage of Joie pulls its content from the hooks themselves (which are in the sidebar for standard skins). It has also some overloading mecanism which enables it to replace the default recent topic hook by a custom made module.
- Hire us to code such modification for you.
Skinbox
Website Developer

gap2117

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

View PostSebastien Penet, on 26 April 2011 - 03:01 PM, said:

What we were going to add is our new sidebar framework: it has been added and permits to easily add blocks in the sidebar; including advertising ones.
Feel free to bump your old topic so that we can give you instructions on how to proceed.

As for the updated posts, there are mainly two ways to do it:
- Download a hook which does what you want (and style it accordingly): the new homepage of Joie pulls its content from the hooks themselves (which are in the sidebar for standard skins). It has also some overloading mecanism which enables it to replace the default recent topic hook by a custom made module.
- Hire us to code such modification for you.

Great! I'll bump my other post, and could youlet me know how much that second update would cost? Also, when I bump the other post and you give instructions, please keep in mind that I am mentally one step above a monkey, so please instruct with that in mind. On a side note, if it's that really clever monkey from pirates of the carribean than I may be one step below a monkey.

gap2117

Advanced Member

• Customer
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

View Postgap2117, on 26 April 2011 - 03:11 PM, said:

Great! I'll bump my other post, and could youlet me know how much that second update would cost? Also, when I bump the other post and you give instructions, please keep in mind that I am mentally one step above a monkey, so please instruct with that in mind. On a side note, if it's that really clever monkey from pirates of the carribean than I may be one step below a monkey.

I bumped it! Any help??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users